[GRASSLIST:579] Re: Grass installation

Luca lettereagricole at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 2 04:40:48 EDT 2003

Tanks for having answeref to me.

>You said:
>Why? Mandrake 9.1 has a grass package (5.0.0) in the contribs.

I haven't found it in mandrake 9.1 (perhaps because I can't realize to well
use the rpm installer (I can't realize how to tell him to seek in a certain
CD, or in an other), but I have looked in all rpms stored in the 3 cds
directory rpm and I'haven't found any GRASS rpm) .
I have too an other CD for Mandrake containg Grass 5.0.2  but it's tar.gz
and I can't raise to install the decomprimed   .tar   .

>Where did you get this grass rpm?

I have downloaded it from this link
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/misc/freegis/intevation/freegis/gnu-linux-i586/freegi
s-1.2.4/i386/

>Easiest way to install grass:
>1)Go to http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon and add a "contrib" source from a
>mirror near you

I'll try this evening (I can't connect during the day from my house (I've
yet an old 54 k connection, utilizing the same line of home telephone) ).
I hope I'll raise to install it. In an eventual negative case I'll post
again tomorrow.

Thanks again

Luca Fianchini