[GRASSLIST:669] Re: configure with postgres on OS X

David Orme d.orme at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jul 9 12:01:19 EDT 2003

Thanks for the help - I now, of course, have a follow up...

The postgres library is: /usr/local/psql/lib/pqsql.a

The config.log shows a problem with compiling a test file with gcc

> configure:8974: checking for location of PostgreSQL library
> configure:9003: checking for PQsetdbLogin in -lpq
> configure:9020: gcc -o conftest -g -O2    -L/usr/local/lib  conftest.c
> -lpq   1>&5

There are four variants of the last line, all of which fail, using
combinations of -lcrypto and -lssl.

My gcc version is:

> Reading specs from /usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/ppc/3.1/specs
> Thread model: posix
> Apple Computer, Inc. GCC version 1175, based on gcc version 3.1
> 20020420 (prerelease)

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
David