[GRASSLIST:703] tiger2k questions (listproc is driving me nuts!)

mdeneen at japple.org mdeneen at japple.org
Fri Jul 11 08:57:33 EDT 2003

Ok, I ran v.in.ogr.

I used the directory containing the tiger data files as the OGR datasource
name.

The output vector name was a directory.  It tried to create database
tables. I don't have a postgress schema created yet, and it failed trying
to create a table with a / in it.

So, I just made the output vector a file name.  The process is running
now, but I am getting a lot of output saying:

WARNING: Feature without geometry

I think I'm doing something wrong!  :-D

What does this mean?  I am extracting the Polygon layer.

-M

p.s. the listproc server rejected this message twice because it had words
that looked like a command!