[GRASSLIST:734] s.in.ascii in lat long

Dewez Thomas t.dewez at brgm.fr
Thu Jul 17 04:03:12 EDT 2003

Dear Grass users,

It appears that my s.in.ascii command may not be working properly. It is a
similar problem to that reported previously by Seppo Kaitala last May, but I
didn't understand what the solution was.

When trying to import a file containing "Long Lat pointID value", I get the
message
segmentation fault (core dumped)

I tried various ideas. For example output a sites file with s.out.ascii and
put it back into s.in.ascii. I get the same error. Is this because the lat
and longs are in DMS format?  Is there anything to do about it?

Thanks for your help,

Thomas

Dr Thomas Dewez
ENTEC Post-Doctoral Fellow
ARN - MAS
BRGM (French Geological Survey)
3 Av. C. Guillemin
45000 Orleans - France

Phone: +33 (0)2 38644606
Fax: +33 (0)2 38643361

Le contenu de cet e-mail et de ses pièces jointes est destiné à l'usage exclusif du
(des) destinataire(s) expressément désigné(s) comme tel(s).
En cas de réception de cet e-mail par erreur, le signaler à son expéditeur et ne pas en
divulguer le contenu.
vérifier l'absence de corruption à sa réception.

The content of this e-mail and attachments is intended for the named recipients only.
If you have received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender and do not disclose,
in any case, its content.
This mail was scanned for virus content when emitted, anyhow please check for any
corruption upon reception.