[GRASSLIST:740] s.in.ascii bug with lat long?

Dewez Thomas t.dewez at brgm.fr
Thu Jul 17 12:19:24 EDT 2003

Dear all,

Following my previous e-mail, I tried debugging the s.in.ascii Segmentation
fault problem.

For info, I am running GRASS 5.0.2 (upgraded today) on windows XP with
cygwin and I'd like to import some ascii sites into GRASS. The operation's
happening with long/lat data like this (long lat pointID attribute):
157:24:26.208E 11:44:48.66N 12283  0
157:24:23.796E 11:44:30.408N 12284  0
157:24:21.42E 11:44:12.12N 12285  0
157:24:19.044E 11:43:53.832N 12286  0
157:24:16.668E 11:43:35.544N 12287  0
157:24:14.256E 11:43:17.22N 12288  0
157:24:11.88E 11:42:58.932N 12289  0

the command
 s.out.ascii -d sites=fault.zone.sites | s.in.ascii sites=blah

Produces
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I also tried to write out a file with s.out.ascii and read that file back in
s.in.ascii. Same error

Just to be sure I then tried to input a bunch of coordinates manually:
echo 157 11 23 0 | s.in.ascii sites=blah

Same error.

I then tried on another location where the coordinates were projected.
Everything ran fine without any problem. Why is this?

Any idea if this lat/long issue is truly a bug?

Best wishes,

Thomas

Le contenu de cet e-mail et de ses pièces jointes est destiné à l'usage exclusif du
(des) destinataire(s) expressément désigné(s) comme tel(s).
En cas de réception de cet e-mail par erreur, le signaler à son expéditeur et ne pas en
divulguer le contenu.
vérifier l'absence de corruption à sa réception.

The content of this e-mail and attachments is intended for the named recipients only.
If you have received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender and do not disclose,
in any case, its content.
This mail was scanned for virus content when emitted, anyhow please check for any
corruption upon reception.