[GRASSLIST:755] m.in.e00 import - where did the list argument go?

Gualter Barbas Baptista gualter at gaia.org.pt
Sun Jul 20 10:31:52 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to import an E00 file, but it's taking tooooo much time. I was
checking the online man pages at
http://grass.itc.it/gdp/html_grass5/html/m.in.e00.html and there is an
argument list= that lets you specify which attributes you want to import.
Well, I only need one of the six that my file has, but it seems that this
options is not available anymore (GRASS 5.0.2).

Can anyone comment on this? Is there any way to do this now?
Or to speed up the conversion? Is it normal to take more or less one day to
convert a 300 mb E00 file with 6 attributes?

Thanks,
--
Gualter Barbas Baptista
GAIA - Grupo de Acção e Intervenção Ambiental

I went on to test the program in every way I could devise.  I strained
it to expose its weaknesses.  I ran it for high-mass stars and low-mass
stars, for stars born exceedingly hot and those born relatively cold.
I ran it assuming the superfluid currents beneath the crust to be
absent -- not because I wanted to know the answer, but because I had
developed an intuitive feel for the answer in this particular case.
Finally I got a run in which the computer showed the pulsar's
temperature to be less than absolute zero.  I had found an error.  I
chased down the error and fixed it.  Now I had improved the program to
the point where it would not run at all.
		-- George Greenstein, "Frozen Star: Of Pulsars, Black
		   Holes and the Fate of Stars"