[GRASSLIST:774] Re: m.in.e00 import - where did the list argument go?

Michel Wurtz mjwurtz at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jul 21 16:11:45 EDT 2003

Gualter Barbas Baptista wrote:
> Some more information - on ARC/Info, it took aproximatedly 3 minutes to
> convert from E00 to shapefile (SHP). I know that it's ESRI native, but still
> it seems that either the E00 import code is very inneficient in GRASS or
> something is going wrong...

In the grass API, the function for storing attributes verify that the attribute
number you sent doesn't exist.  This is obviously unnecessary when importing an
e00 file.  The corolary is that you do that for each attribute and that the
verification time increases exponetialy with the number of graphic objets...

This should be corrected in a future release of m.in.e00 (sorry, not enough
time those days ...)

--
Michel Wurtz - Auzeville-Tolosane