[GRASSLIST:777] Re: (no subject)

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon Jul 21 17:52:03 EDT 2003

Hello

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Enils Bashi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to grass, and I am trying to compile grass51 unstable cvs
> version. I got the source code for grass5.0 which I understand was
> required to compile grass5.1. I have already spent a great deal of time
> fixing many compiling problems. Right now I have the following problem
> when I run make:

I think the GRASS 5.1 compilation runs quite reliably at the minute,
although there are several dependency bugs in the Makefiles that cause
some things to be re-compiled every time make is run. What
problems did you have to fix? You must use the latest CVS HEAD version of
grass 5.0, preferably with the same date as the 5.1 snapshot you are
using. This is not totally clear on the webpage; we must change it to
delete the line saying the preX release will not do (as this implies
5.0.0 is OK).

Paul Kelly