[GRASSLIST:788] problems compiling grass5.1 on RH-9

enils at twctex.lidar.net enils at twctex.lidar.net
Tue Jul 22 10:34:51 EDT 2003

Hi,

There were a few things that I had to install to get past ./configure
command for grass5.1, like fftw, gdal, and proj4. There was a file
color_byg.c missing which make was looking for. After I got this file from
http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass/src/libes/gis/color_byr.c?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
I had to comment out these functions G_make_byr_colors,
G_make_byr_fp_colors, G_add_byr_colors from color_byg.c because make was
complaining about those functions presence in color_byr.c as well. Another
problem was I think a syntax error in one of the files which I dont have
record of unfortunately. There was a function in that file
int G_ask_datum_name(char *, char *); which needed to be
int G_ask_datum_name(char *); in order for make to work.
Finally after getting past these problems I gave up when I got:
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `datumtransform.table', needed by
`/home/enils/grass51_exp_2003_07_12/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/etc/datumtransform.table'.
Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/enils/grass51_exp_2003_07_12/lib/gis'
make[1]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/enils/grass51_exp_2003_07_12/lib'
make: *** [default] Error 1

My system runs RH-9 and I also have grass5.0 source that is needed by
grass5.1. I am wondering if other people have had the same or similar
problems.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Enils