[GRASSLIST:790] Re: problems compiling grass5.1 on RH-9

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue Jul 22 17:30:45 EDT 2003

enils at twctex.lidar.net wrote:

> There were a few things that I had to install to get past ./configure
> command for grass5.1, like fftw, gdal, and proj4. There was a file
> color_byg.c missing which make was looking for. After I got this file from
> http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass/src/libes/gis/color_byr.c?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
> I had to comment out these functions G_make_byr_colors,
> G_make_byr_fp_colors, G_add_byr_colors from color_byg.c because make was
> complaining about those functions presence in color_byr.c as well. Another
> problem was I think a syntax error in one of the files which I dont have
> record of unfortunately. There was a function in that file
> int G_ask_datum_name(char *, char *); which needed to be
> int G_ask_datum_name(char *); in order for make to work.
> Finally after getting past these problems I gave up when I got:
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `datumtransform.table', needed by
> `/home/enils/grass51_exp_2003_07_12/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/etc/datumtransform.table'.
> Stop.
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/enils/grass51_exp_2003_07_12/lib/gis'
> make[1]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/enils/grass51_exp_2003_07_12/lib'
> make: *** [default] Error 1
>
> My system runs RH-9 and I also have grass5.0 source that is needed by
> grass5.1. I am wondering if other people have had the same or similar
> problems.

The GRASS 5.1 snapshots require the corresponding CVS HEAD version of
5.0 (i.e. the contents of the CVS HEAD as of the snapshot date).

They won't work with any of the released 5.0.x source packages, or
with the CVS release branch of 5.0. They may not even work with a CVS
HEAD snapshot of 5.0 if the dates of the 5.0 and 5.1 code are too far
apart.