[GRASSLIST:791] help needed in digitizing a contour map

Amit Keney amit at darya.nio.org
Wed Jul 23 13:02:51 EDT 2003

hi everyone

     I am a newbie at grass and I want to digitize a contour map and
view the landscape in nviz.

actually it is a hand drawn contour map of the sea bed and i have
already got it scanned ( in parts , since the map is too big)

I imported the parts as a raster image . I also got the various parts
patched and georeferenced in grass.
now I want to digitize the contour lines and then view ( how the land i
mean the sea bed really looks like) with the nviz tool.

also how can i get the digitized values of all the contours in ascii form
actually i want it in the form of a 3 column output

  lon  lat  contour_depth

is that possible in grass

please help if anyone can

thanking all in advance