[GRASSLIST:818] Grass and ESRI "style file"

Bruce Bushby bruce.bushby at wol.co.za
Fri Jul 25 21:38:57 EDT 2003

Greetings

Was wondering about 'importing/converting' an 'ARCXML" style file into Grass
vector maps. I recently obtained an ESRI 'shape' file database of my area. I
used 'v.in.shape' on each '.shp' file, then 'v.support' on the resulting
vector
map, and finally 'd.vect' to display the map, this is where the problem is,
the
map looks like a 'wire frame' all the roads are a single vector wide/thick.
Is it
possible to 'style' the Gras vector maps' road thickness etc, I'm hoping to
get the
street lines 'thick' enough to contain the street names.

Any ideas?

Regards