[GRASSLIST:821] Customizing startup

David Finlayson dfinlays at u.washington.edu
Sat Jul 26 09:39:23 EDT 2003

I would like grass to source a bash script after startup.  Can this be
automated?  For example, adding a line to Init.sh somewhere?

I use Grass 5.0.2 on Cygwin/XP and would like to make a few aliases to
ease starting monitors (which is a bit tedious right now in Cygwin
because you need to both start it and then select it before first
use---I think this is a known bug).

Currently I source a file manually after startup that has a few aliases
defined:

alias x0="d.mon start=x0; d.mon select=x0"
alias x1="d.mon start=x1; d.mon select=x1"
and so on...

Thanks,

--
David Finlayson
School of Oceanography

Office: Marine Sciences Building, Room 112
Phone: (206) 616-9407
Web: http://students.washington.edu/dfinlays