[GRASSLIST:836] Re: QTDRIVER: an alternative graphics driver for GRASS

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Mon Jul 28 05:38:16 EDT 2003

On Monday 28 July 2003 10:53, Ron Yorston wrote:
> I am pleased to announce the first public release of QTDRIVER, an
> alternative graphics driver for GRASS.  QTDRIVER is implemented using the
> cross-platform Qt toolkit.  This means that it should be possible to
> compile it for any platform that Qt supports.  I've built versions for
> i386/Linux and the Sharp Zaurus handheld computer.
>
> The Zaurus version is of particular interest as it allows GRASS to be used
> without having to install the X Window System.
>
> Source and binaries are available here:
>
>    http://www.tigress.co.uk/rmy/zaurus/QTDRIVER/index.html
>
> Ron

It could be interesting for you to know that I have developed GRASS extensions
for QGIS http://mpa.itc.it/radim/qgis/
 (see also devel list:
  http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2003-June/005762.html
  http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2003-July/005973.html)

I think that if you open the QGIS+GRASS project in QT designer and remove menu
and some icons and maybe resize some dialogs, you get a nice user interface
to GRASS for handhelds.

Radim