[GRASSLIST:877] Flow Accumulation

SWlab swlab at cornell.edu
Thu Jul 31 21:41:15 EDT 2003

Hello,

I tried several of the commands to compute flow accumulations (r.flow,
r.watershed,r.terraflow). It seems that in all cases, the algorithms are
either D8 (steepest slope), or D-multi (flow weighted among the dowsnlope
neighbors).
I wondered whether there was any GRASS implementation of the D-infinty
algorithm (flow routed to a cardinal and a diagonal cells, depending on the
aspect. Ref: Tarboton, D. G., (1997), "A New Method for the Determination of
Flow Directions and Contributing Areas in Grid Digital Elevation Models,"
Water Resources Research, 33(2): 309-319).
If not, I'd welcome any suggestion. [Processing the 'direction' output of
r.terraflow to find the dominant direction, and linking the aspect map ?]
Thanks a lot in advance
P.
--
Soil & Water Laboratory
Dept. of Biological & Environmental Engineering