[GRASSLIST:295] hatching

Miha STAUT mihastaut at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 5 18:04:54 EDT 2003

Hi everybody,

Has anybody of the developers ever thought to add to the d.vect.area and
ps.map a hatching facility. I think it is very useful if you can print on
the screen (and on the printer too) more than just one aerial variable. Is
this difficult? I know ArcView 3.1 has it but overprints one hatch over
another so that the lower layers are not visible.

I had experience with 8 layers derived from r.poly which were quite big
(between 50000 and 100000 lines). All the CAD programs stucked. Arcview made
it in a flash just as probably GRASS would (the same way as colour fills the
polygons).

Should I add this to the wish list?
Can anybody indicate a program where broad and fast hatching facilities are
available?

Miha Staut