[GRASSLIST:341] Re: importing vector e00

Roger Miller roger at spinn.net
Tue Jun 10 14:07:49 EDT 2003

On 10 Jun 2003 15:57:12 +0200, Ulrich Leopold wrote
> Dear all,
>
> I tried to import a vector e00 file including categories in GRASS-5.0.2.
> I used m.in.e00 but the categories are not imported.
>
> Any hints for better import?

As I recall, m.in.e00 offers three methods for porting the contents of the e00
INFO tables to grass category text.  The only method that works is to create a
separate category file for each columnar entry in the INFO table.  If there
are  n data columns in the table then you will get n different category files.
 Those files are all named with the convention <dig file name>.<column name>.
 The files are all stored in the dig_cats directory for your current location,
but none of them are found automatically by GRASS because of their naming
convention.  In order to use any of the category files you must rename the
file, giving it the same name as the dig file.

Roger Miller