[GRASSLIST:352] Fwd: Quantian 0.3 release -- with GRASS

Martin Wegmann baliola at riseup.net
Wed Jun 11 12:59:55 EDT 2003

Hello GRASS -user,

I received the follwing mail and though that it might be interesting for some
user that Quantian (a Knoppix with scientifc programms) is now available with
GRASS - if somebody needs to have a cd-bootable-linux with GRASS (and other
programms like R etc.) have a look.

cheers Martin

Version 0.3 of Quantian is now available.

 o Now based on clusterKnoppix: this adds support for OpenMosix,
   including terminalserver support for booting cluster nodes
   off the machine running quantian

 o Bowing to popular demand, we added the comedi control and
   measurement device interface, the grass geographical information
   system, the gri language for scientific graphics programming and
   the ipython python shell. We also re-introduced the lyx LaTeX
   document processor, added XEmacs which clusterKnoppix removes and
   fixes a few small bugs.

The Quantian pages are at

   http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian.html

and Quantian iso images are available at

   http://software.biostat.washington.edu/edd/quantian/
   http://franz.stat.wisc.edu/~edd/quantian/