[GRASSLIST:432] Re: Quantian 0.3 only has GRASS 5.0.0pre4

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Jun 19 13:31:13 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 04:59:55PM +0000, Martin Wegmann wrote:
> I received the follwing mail and though that it might be interesting for some
> user that Quantian (a Knoppix with scientifc programms) is now available with
> GRASS - if somebody needs to have a cd-bootable-linux with GRASS (and other
> programms like R etc.) have a look.

> Version 0.3 of Quantian is now available.

Note that 0.3 of Quantian included the last GRASS Debian packages
which are quite outdated (Debian version number: 4.99+5.0.0pre4-1)
that is based on GRASS5pre4.

The current stable version is 5.0.2.

Also I did not find an integration of GRASS in the KDE menu
nor a default location so you could start doing something easily.