[GRASSLIST:392] Re: problems with installation

Johannes Bühler johannesbuehler at oderbruecke.de
Sun Jun 15 08:12:58 EDT 2003

Hi,

> I tried to install GRASS5.0.1 on SUSE 8.1. When I execute the configure
> script I get the following error message.
>
> checking for libpq-fe.h... no
> configure: error: *** Unable to locate PostgreSQL includes
>
> but libpq-fe.h exists in the /usr/include/pqsql/libpq directory.

Just in case you dont need postgresql for your installation
--without-postgresql

if you need postgresql make sure that you have installed the postgresql
devel package
than type ./configure --with-postgres-includes="/usr/include/pgsql
/usr/include/pgsql/libpq /usr/include/pgsql/server"

and it should work fine.
Johannes

--
--          Johannes Buehler