[GRASSLIST:413] Problem with 5.0.2

Kurt Springs ferret_bard at mac.com
Tue Jun 17 19:22:59 EDT 2003

Hi folks,

I tried to start a new GRASS project with GRASS 5.0.2 for the first time and
apparently no one fixed the old problem with the tcktkgrass.  Now when I try
to launch I get the following:

[Kurt-Springss-Computer:~] kurtsprings% ERROR: LOCATION_NAME not set

[Kurt-Springss-Computer:~] kurtsprings% grass5
Cleaning up temporary files.....
Starting GRASS ...
ERROR: LOCATION_NAME not set
Error in startup script: can't read "env_location": no such variable
    while executing
"set location $env_location"
    (procedure "searchGISRC" line 23)
    invoked from within
"searchGISRC $gisrc_name"
    (file "/usr/local/grass5/tcltkgrass/script/gis_set.tcl" line 1)
ERROR: LOCATION_NAME not set
/usr/local/grass5/etc/Init.sh: GISDBASE: parameter null or not set
[Kurt-Springss-Computer:~] kurtsprings%

What was the file I have to remove to fix this?  I suspect I still have to
use grass5 -text to start a new project.

I am using GRASS 5.0.2 from OPEN OSX.  Are there any other surprises waiting
for me?

Kurt Springs