[GRASSLIST:428] Re: importin shp file

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Jun 19 09:38:57 EDT 2003

Ramin Safa said:
> Hi,
>                HELP
> I have trouble importing an Arcview shapefile.
> when i use ,< v,in.shape -1 ...>the answer is      :
> Log file not specified .sending message to 'standard error' segment fault.
> what is log file? how can i solved this problem and continue?
> Ramin Safamanesh

The log file is not the problem. The message just tells you that it will
send all messages to standard error, which is probably just your screen.

However, the problem is the segmentation fault.

Could you tell us what version of GRASS you are using, on what kind of
system (GNU/Linux, UNIX, Cygwin,...) ?

Moritz