[GRASSLIST:460] Re: importing shp file

Ramin Safa raminsafa at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 22 22:16:55 EDT 2003

hi                                                 HELP
thanks for your answer but
i tried again to import but i can't do this.
my file is Arcviw shap ,countur line map,river ,..
GRASS 5.0.0,in red hat system
answer is:

-
  HELPGRASS:~/grassdata/ZARGEH > v.in.shape -l river.shp
out=river
WARNING: Log file not specified. Sending messages to
'standard error'
Segmentation fault
GRASS:~/grassdata/ZARGEH > v.in.shape river.shp out=river
WARNING: Log file not specified. Sending messages to
'standard error'
Segmentation fault
i need to continue,but how?

Ramin S.

> > I have trouble importing an Arcview shapefile.
> > when i use ,< v,in.shape -1 ...>the answer is      :
> > Log file not specified .sending message to 'standard
> error' segment fault.
> > what is log file? how can i solved this problem and
> continue?
> > Ramin Safamanesh
>
> The log file is not the problem. The message just tells
> you that it will
> send all messages to standard error, which is probably
> just your screen.
>
> However, the problem is the segmentation fault.
>
> Could you tell us what version of GRASS you are using, on
> what kind of
> system (GNU/Linux, UNIX, Cygwin,...) ?
>
> Moritz

=====

Ramin Safamanesh
Department of  Environment Science , UPM
Email :  rsafamanesh at hotmail.com Tel  :  0060122399448