[GRASSLIST:485] Re: Getting a file from Adobe Illustrator to GRASS

David Orme d.orme at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jun 24 04:23:35 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've just been trying to do the same for some Illustrator EPS files. I
couldn't find a GRASS compatible output from Illustrator either. My
solution was to parse the postscript code describing polygons in order
to get x,y coordinates. Not elegant and it took me a while with my head
stuck in the PS language reference so if there is a better way, I'd
like to know about it too - I have 600 files to handle! Because my
files contained bezier curves, I had to come up with a function to
interpolate points along the bezier as well.

Best wishes,
David