[GRASSLIST:566] Re: [GRASS5] mailing list archives

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Jun 30 03:20:21 EDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 12:23:43PM +1200, H Bowman wrote:
> > can you remove the password protection to the developers
> > mailing list so I can search it on Google again. As you said above,
> > the search at http://grass.itc.it/searchgrass.html doesn't work and I
> > can confirm this; I can't get any results out of it at all. And
> > recently it seems to have been deleted from Google's cache so I can't
> > access it at all.
>

> The gmane web-based mailing-list archive search function works well for
> both the grass users' list and the grass developers' list.
>
> see
> http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?group=gmane.comp.gis.grass.user
> http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?group=gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel
>

> It only goes back a little way though, AFAICT.

Finally you can enjoy
 http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassuser/
 http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/
which goes back to 1994 (when I find the time, I'll add the rest back
to 12/1991, when the mailing list/newsgroup was opened).

The search engine is broken for the mailing lists these days, I try to get
it running again (for the webpages it works):
http://grass.itc.it/searchgrass.html

Markus