[GRASSLIST:5715] Problem with GRASS

Kurt Springs ferret_bard at mac.com
Sun Mar 2 18:58:23 EST 2003

Hi GRASS users

I have a problem.  I am running off of MAC OS 10.2.4.  Suddenly I can¹t use
grass any more.  I get the following when I try to start up:

[Kurt-Springss-Computer:~] kurtsprings% grass5
Starting GRASS ...
Error in startup script: can't read "env_locations": no such varialbe
    while executing
"set location $env_location"
    (procedure "searchGISRC" line 23)
    invoke from within
"searchGISRC $gisrc_name"
    (file "/usr/local/grass5/tcltkgrass/script/gis_set.tcl" line 1)
ERROR:  LOCATION_NAME not set
/usr/local/grass5/ect/Init.sh: GISBASE: parameter null or not set
[Kurt-Springss-Computer:~] kurtsprings%

I have been having problems with crashes all weekend and was wondering if a
UNIX system file in OS X might have been corrupted.

The first time I started out, it started fine until I tried to create a new
location.  The error above, or something like it was the result.  Now, this
is all that I can get.  I if some one knows a simple solution, I am all
ears.  Otherwise, I was going to take drastic action and reinstall OS X,
wipe out the hard disk, and start over.

If I don¹t have to do this, I will be very happy.

I am for bed now.  I hope someone can give me good news before I start in
the morning.

Sincerely

Kurt D. Springs