[GRASSLIST:5725] Re: New grass user - cant add new location

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Mon Mar 3 18:05:28 EST 2003

Hawken, Iona wrote:

> The only way to start Grass again is then to re-install it. I need to add a
> new location in order to set the region, and I am very confused about what
> to do. Also, when I clicked on "use existing location" it worked, and I
> could add data from the pre-installed Grass location.

1. If you find that you are unable to start GRASS, delete the files
~/.grassrc5 and ~/.tcltkgrass. If the startup sequence fails, these
files are often corrupted.

2. If you have problems with tcltkgrass, start GRASS in text mode with
"grass5 -text". Once you have created or selected a location, you can
start tcltkgrass separately with "tcltkgrass &".