[GRASSLIST:5761] v.extract incorrect output

Philipp Molzer phil at molzer.net
Sun Mar 9 21:48:07 EST 2003

Hi,
I'm running grass5.0 on RH8 linux.
I'm extracting one county border from a vector of all counties for the
state of New Jersey, USA.
I do this:
v.extract -n type=area list=ESS input=stco_CO output=essex.border new=1
but wind up with the polygon for MOR (see below cats).

here's part of the dig_cats file.
# 23 categories
Vector map: stco_CO

0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
1:SUS
2:PAS
3:BER
4:WAR
5:MOR
6:ESS
7:HUD

When I do:
v.extract  type=area list=6 input=stco_CO output=essex.border new=1
I get both ESS and SUS polygons combined in one vector. (As if I did
list=1,6)

The vector map stco_CO was created with:
v.in.shape -o in=stco.shp out=stco_CO label=CO scale=24000
v.support map=stco_CO option=build

Is it me, or does v.extract have problems?

Thanks,
Phil