[GRASSLIST:5780] Re: comiling problems with Grass5.0.1 under Linux 8.1

David Finlayson dfinlays at u.washington.edu
Thu Mar 13 13:13:17 EST 2003

I just compiled grass a couple of days ago, though I use Debian which has
its own set of quirks that may not apply to your system.  It sounds to me
like you have a Linux system without a compiler (cc and gcc are
compilers)!?  Two things:

First.  Have you already tried to install the BINARY version of grass?
You may find that easier to install since it doesn't need to be compiled.
All you do is download the binary file and the install script and run the
install script as root.

Second. It sounds like you may not have satisfied all of the requirements
for grass.  You should look at the requirements listed for running grass
and make sure that you have installed all of the libraries (there are
many) that grass depends on to function.

--
David Finlayson
University of Washington

http://students.washington.edu/dfinlays