[GRASSLIST:5827] Tiger info

Schuyler Fishman schuylerfish at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 21 12:29:31 EST 2003

I am trying to import tiger files using the v.in.tig.basic command. Is
this only to be used with type 1 and 2 files? And does that build all
the spatial files needed for the rest of the coverages?
What about file types 4,6,I,A that have other relevant variables - how
do I get the information into the mapset in a relevant fashion?

And about the tlid file - what exactly is the tlid (I am VERy rusty
with my GIS concepts, its in there but it has been a few years) The
tiger file that includes the tlid? is that what I am to specify? I
think that is file type 4?

Specifically I need the start address data and the block group polygon
labels.

Schuyler Fishman
Schuylerfish at earthlink.net
www.mindlikesky.com