[GRASSLIST:5829] interpolating in R

Carlos Henrique Grohmann de Carvalho guano at usp.br
Fri Mar 21 16:17:01 EST 2003

Hello all,

I´m trying to interpolate a map os isobase from sites data. the sites
represent the cross-point beetwen second-order stream channels and
countours. The results os interpolation in GRASS were not good ones, even
testing different tensions in s.surf.rst.

So, I began to test the data in R, and the curves have a shape more similar
to the hand-made ones (using a least-squares level 6 polynomial. The problem
is that there are a lot of ´dirty´ in the result map, like some very small
closed contours.

Is there a way to eliminate the dirty? And yet, how can I get some
´smoothed´ contours?

thanks in advance.

   Carlos Henrique Grohmann de Carvalho - Guano

    Geologist - MSc Student at IGc-USP - Brazil

   Linux User #89721  PGP key: www.keyserver.net