[GRASSLIST:5883] error message

Erika K. Crosse eyreka at mac.com
Wed Mar 26 19:04:11 EST 2003

Yesterday I installed ImageMagick via Fink.  Today I started up GRASS
and when I started a monitor, x0, I got this message:

	Warning: Color name "DarkSlateBlue " is not defined
	Warning: Cannot convert string "true     xterm*saveLines:
10000 " to type Boolean
	Warning: Color name "DarkSlateBlue " is not defined
	Warning: Cannot convert string "true     xterm*saveLines:
10000 " to type Boolean
     	while executing
	"exec xterm -geometry 40x5 -e d.mon start=$monitor"
     	(procedure "start_monitor" line 17)
    	 invoked from within
	"start_monitor x0"
    	 invoked from within
	"$menu post $x $y"
    	 (procedure "PostOverPoint" line 27)
    	 invoked from within
	"PostOverPoint $menu $x $y"
     	("below" arm line 4)
    	 invoked from within
	"switch [$w cget -direction] {
     	    	above {
     	    		set x [winfo rootx $w]
     	    		set y [expr {[winfo rooty $w] - [winfo reqheight $menu]}]
			..."
    	 (procedure "tk::MbPost" line 37)
    	 invoked from within
	"tk::MbPost $tk::Priv(inMenubutton) 108 110"
     	invoked from within
	"if {$tk::Priv(inMenubutton) ne ""} {
		tk::MbPost $tk::Priv(inMenubutton) 108 110
    	 }
	"
     	(command bound to event)

I know Fink installed some X11 stuff and am assuming the 4 warnings are
related to that but have no idea how to correct this.  The other
possibility is that Alsoft's PlusOptimizer has caused the problem.  I
installed and ran it Monday and immediately had problems closing
apps--I had to kill them.  I've since run fsck and, for now, that
problem has not reappeared.  If you've not already guessed, I'm running
GRASS 5.0 on OS X (10.2.4) using Apple's X11 Beta 3.

ec