[GRASSLIST:6158] DEM imports to Grass - missing libproj.so

John Doucette doucettj at gbis.com
Thu May 1 00:40:49 EDT 2003

I have run gdalinfo for the dem I am trying to import.  gdalinfo reports
that it is "unable to load PROJ.4 library (libproj.so), creation of
OGRCoordinate transformation failed."

I don't know where libproj.so is susposed to be or when it would have been
installed.  After updating my search database (updatedb) I cannot find
libproj.so.

Anybody know anything about libproj.so and why gdal wants it?

Hopefully,
John Doucette