[GRASSLIST:6159] Re: DEM imports to Grass - missing libproj.so

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Thu May 1 03:42:03 EDT 2003

libproj.so comes from Proj.4, a free geographic reprojection library. You can
obtain it from http://www.remotesensing.org/proj/ .
Why GDAL needs it just to give you info on your datafile I don't know. I would
think GDAL just and only loads this lib when reprojection is needed. It is
not directly linked to it. So you will not have to recompile GDAL after
installing Proj. Just running ldconfig should do.
However, if you can compile the install of proj is easy, and it will probably
solve the error...

Regards,
Vincent Schut.

Vincent Schut (schut at sarvision.com)