[GRASSLIST:6188] Re: Clip a Raster

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue May 6 16:03:29 EDT 2003

aguru2 at unlserve.unl.edu wrote:

> I am new user to Grass and GIS. I would like to clip(crop) a raster so that I
> can extract a smaller map from a larger area where I want to focus the
> analysis. I highly appreciate anyone directing me ragarding the command that
> can be used to do that.

Almost all raster commands do this automatically. GRASS raster
commands normally operate upon the current region, which can be set
and queried using g.region.

Any maps which are created have their bounds and resolution determined
by the current region; any maps which are read are automatically
cropped, padded (with nulls) and/or resampled according to the current
region settings.