[GRASSLIST:6197] Re: Grass web tool

Michael Ash mash at econs.umass.edu
Wed May 7 11:07:12 EDT 2003

> Christian Blumer wrote:
> > I am looking for a web based tool to display, manage Grass data and operate Grass functions.
> > Does such a tool exists?
> > If not, It possible to make such a tool, through mapserver for example?

The generally excellent Neteler and Mitasova (2002) includes
a section on the GRASS/MapServer interface in Chapter 13:

  13. Using GRASS with other Open Source tools
          * Maps in WWW: MapServer

I am not familiar enough with MapServer or web-based map
applications to know if the material in the book is
sufficient, but my experience with the book has been overall
very good.

M. Neteler, H. Mitasova, 2002. Open Source GIS: A GRASS GIS
Approach. 464 pages, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston,
Dordrecht, ISBN 1-4020-7088-8.

Best regards,

Michael Ash, Assistant Professor
  of Economics and Public Policy