[GRASSLIST:6218] gisdbase error

José Anderson jose.anderson.batist at itelefonica.com.br
Thu May 8 13:43:55 EDT 2003

Hello everybody...

I'm new in the GRASSLIST, GRASS and GIS.

 I have successifully run Generic GRASS 5.0.2 but I'm afraid I need some
help to run XServer GRASS 5.0.0. I have downloaded binary winGRASS XServer
  and install script .sh. In the same way for xtcltk.
  I have choosen XFree86 and installed it completely.
 And, then, since I just completed the GRASS package installation,
 I have been tried to run 'grass5' on the GYGWIN shell, however
unsuccessifully!

 This has been the error message for running <grass5> in the shell:

 $ grass5
 GISDBASE:: not found
 GRASS_GUI:: not found

Does any of  you have any idea of how to solve this problem?

 Thank you in advance

 José Anderson

 JAN Batista
Estudante de Doutorado em Hidráulica Ambiental
CRHEA/USP