[GRASSLIST:6234] Re: gisdbase error

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri May 9 07:15:44 EDT 2003

Markus Neteler wrote:

>  - graphical startup doesn't work  -> bug in Init.sh?

>  - cmd line startup with path to GISDBASE doesn't work  -> bug in Init.sh?

Odd. At first I thought that it might be due to the use of
bash-specific features (Cygwin's /bin/sh is ash) but, apart from an
unrelated bug, it works with ash on Linux.

The unrelated bug is:

	trap "echo 'User break!' ; exit" 2 3 9 15

Signal 9 is SIGKILL, which can't be caught. bash seems to ignore this,
but it causes total failure under ash (attempting to run external
programs fails).

Can you provide more details regarding the failures? You can get
debugging information by using "sh -x ...", i.e.

	GISBASE=/usr/local/grass5
	export GISBASE
	sh -x /usr/local/grass5/etc/Init.sh /path/to/gisdbase/location/mapset