[GRASSLIST:56] GRASS 5.0.2 on Mac OSX and libdl.1.dylib - solved

Nick Cahill ndcahill at facstaff.wisc.edu
Fri May 16 14:13:34 EDT 2003

Installing the latest version of dlcompat (available at
http://www.opendarwin.org/projects/dlcompat/) fixed this. You need to
have the (free) developer's tools from Apple installed. Dlcompat is a
tiny download; the developer's tools is a huge download (300 meg or
something). If anyone would like I can email them the libdl.1.dylib
file; just putting that in /usr/local/lib might work, although I can't
test this myself.

For what it's worth, GRASS 5.0.2 running under Apple's X11 is *much*
faster than 5.0.0 under the older version of XDarwin. It's probably the
hardware acceleration in Apple X11; the difference is striking.

Nick Cahill