[GRASSLIST:77] Re: nviz bird's eye view/shaded relief image

Nick Cahill ndcahill at facstaff.wisc.edu
Sun May 18 09:44:27 EDT 2003

A better way to make a shaded relief map might be to use r.out.tif,
which will write a tif file of your map. You might be able to adjust
the tones, to lighten the shadows, by modifying the color table of the
shaded relief map using r.colors.

I would be interested too in setting the view in NVIZ without using the
interactive arrow, though.

Nick Cahill