[GRASSLIST:81] Re: nviz bird's eye view/shaded relief image

Gordon Keith gordon.keith at csiro.au
Sun May 18 20:00:09 EDT 2003

On Sun, 18 May 2003 20:38, Ian Macmillan wrote:
> I used shade.rel.sh, however obtaining nice lighting is
> non-trivial with this script (things are usually too dark, regardless
> of sun angle).  Any ideas out there?

Just a quick check, are you using shade.rel.sh on a lat/lon projection?

If so the script produces terrible results because it assumes x, y and z
are in the same scale.  I have modified the script to scale
appropriately when a scale command line option is given, I can send you
a copy, if this is your problem.

Regards
Gordon

--

Gordon Keith
Programmer/Data Analyst

Religion and natural science are fighting a joint battle
in an incessant, never relaxing crusade against
scepticism, against dogmatism, against disbelief and
against supersitition. The rallying cry in this crusade
has always been, and will always be "On to God!"
     - Max Planck - quantum physicist