[GRASSLIST:178] NEWBIE: GUI problem

alexandra panton alexpanton at btinternet.com
Sun May 25 16:24:47 EDT 2003

ok, I am new to grass and kinda new to linux so please bear with me :) I
have installed grass on the linux redhat 9 distribution when i start it
i get the following error message:

	WARNING: The wish command (wish) was not found!

	Please check your GRASS_WISH environment variable.

	Use the -help option for details.

	Switching to text based interface mode.

	Hit RETURN to continue.

	This version running thru the Bash Shell (/bin/bash)

	Help is available with the command: g.help

	See the licence terms with: g.version -c

	Start the graphical user interface with: tcltkgrass&

	When ready to quit enter: exit

	GRASS:~ > tcltkgrass&

	[1] 4995

	GRASS:~ > /opt/grass5/bin/tcltkgrass: line 3: exec: wish: not 	found

[	1]+ Exit 127 tcltkgrass

	GRASS:~ >

Does anyone know what this means and how i can fix it?

thanks

alex