[GRASSLIST:184] Re: Considering replacing ESRI

Matej Cepl cepl at surfbest.net
Sun May 25 20:44:54 EDT 2003

On 2003-05-25, 23:30 GMT, John Doucette wrote:
> Well it has been a long struggle and after a year and a half I can do
> some stuff in Grass.

I do not understand -- AFAIK (and I am a newbie in Grass), then binary
Linux Grass version is just with very light dependencies. Having it to
install both from binary and compiling previous version myself on
Debian, it was just downloading a couple of packages according to
Dependencies list in debian/control file (I suppose, that the situation
is the same with other distributions). Is it because you use non-Linux
(I have no experience with these and I am afraid, there is much worse
support for these) or because you have some ancient version of the
system?

Matej

--
Matej Cepl,