[GRASSLIST:193] Re: Still having 5.0.2 problems

Michael Ash mash at econs.umass.edu
Mon May 26 11:44:00 EDT 2003

H Bowman wrote:
> another way to transition them might to be to export from pre3 to a 3rd
> party format, then re-import into 5.0.2.
>
> r.out.png -> r.in.png
> r.out.tiff -> r.in.tiff
> r.out.ascii -> r.in.ascii
> sort of thing
> one of the geo-referenced formats would be better ..
>
> this could be scripted.

That was an excellent Gordian-knot cutting suggestion to
avoid a day or two of smoothing.  The method worked and
recreated the maps in 5.0.2 as they appeared in pre3.  I
have now solved my problem (thanks to all), but I remain
puzzled about the apparent partial incompatibility between
pre3 and 5.0.2.

Best,

Michael Ash, Assistant Professor
  of Economics and Public Policy