[GRASSLIST:211] Re: Supervised classification

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue May 27 05:33:43 EDT 2003

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 05:47:20PM +0530, Uttam Kumar wrote:
> hi,
>    I have 6 different training data sets .How should I perform supervised
> classification with those data.Which commands should I use in GRASS to
> classify my image into six groups.
>       Can anybody help?

In general you have several choices:

Summary of the standard GRASS reclassification techniques:

              1             2             3               4
        |radiometric, | radiometric,| radiometric,| radio- and geo-
        |unsupervised | supervised  | supervised  | metric, supervised
Preproc.|i.cluster    |i.class      | i.gensig    | i.gensigset
        |             |(monitor)    | (from maps) | (from maps)
Compu-  |i.maxlik     |  i.maxlik   |  i.maxlik   | i.smap
tation  |             |             |             |

So the columns (3) and (4) may apply to your question.

Markus Neteler