[GRASSLIST:1633] Re: d.zoom, mouse and clicks

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sat Nov 1 00:46:23 EST 2003

Patrick Giraudoux wrote:

> I am just starting with GRASS and cannot manage with the d.zoom command.
> I am working on a portable computer (Compaq nx 7000) with a two-buttons
> mouse. The left click works well and fixes the first corner of a region,
> but the second left (or right) click does not set the window. Actually a
> second left click move the position of the first corner, and a right
> click quit.
>
> Documentations and the GRASS dialog mention sometimes a "middle" button.
> Is this button necessary?

Yes. However:

1. On Unix/X11, you may be able to simulate it by pressing both
buttons simultaneously. For XFree86, this behaviour is enabled by use
of the Emulate3Buttons option in the XF86Config file.

2. For the "generic" Windows port (wingrass_generic), you can simulate
the middle button by using the left button while holding the Shift
key.