[GRASSLIST:1655] Re: GRASS on Gentoo Linux

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Mon Nov 3 11:11:12 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 10:59, Buchan Milne wrote:

> Jeff Hubbs wrote:
> >
> > Well, you seem pleased enough with your work.  I wasn't trying to diss
> > Mandrake in general; I was only relating my experiences.
>
> OK, but "I did mange to get GRASS running under Mandrake 9.1 with some
> difficulty" does seem like a diss, both of Mandrake, and of the
> maintainer of the Mandrake grass packages (which would be me).

Sorry you perceived it as such.  I felt my difficultly was more on my
own part rather than any distro's or maintainers'.

> Sure, it's nice to know if grass packages are available for other
> distros, but the grass list isn't really a nice forum for FUD'ing and
> distro wars, please keep that on the Gentoo forum (which seems quite
> popular for this). Your post seemed more like an ad than a "there is now
> a grass ebuild for Gentoo"-type post.
>
> Regards,
> Buchan

Again, I guess it's all perception.  I use both Mandrake and Gentoo
extensively and plan to continue doing so.  I was only trying to
relate my own recent experiences to the list; I guess I'll think
twice before doing that in the future.

- Jeff