[GRASSLIST:1696] Re: ps.map grid lat/long

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Nov 6 06:53:07 EST 2003

Ian Macmillan wrote:

> hey all, I am trying to make a postscript map with ps.map but am having a hard
> time producing a grid.  I am in a lat long location, which I suspect may be the
> problem.  The script I have tried is as follows
>
> > rgb p15r53_b3x p15r53_b2x p15r53_b1x
> > grid 10000
> > scale 1:100000
> > sites crdates
> > end
>

> I have also tried (grid 00:00:30) etc. but no luck.  My map is approximately 125
> km across.  The map prints fine, just no grid.  Any suggestions?  Does ps.map
> produce a grid in a lat/long projection?  Many thanks

The "grid" command works in lat/lon, but its argument will be in
degrees, and it has to be an integer. Which, for your purposes,
basically equates to "doesn't work".

The command should probably be changed to accept a floating-point
argument; I doubt that there is any inherent reason for using an
integer.