[GRASSLIST:1705] Re: GRASS binaries: why not?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Nov 7 06:37:47 EST 2003

(cc grasslist)

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 09:23:55AM -0200, Christian S. Ferreira wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     Please, how I'm new in creating binaries, where do I get
> the procedure/recipe to do the task? There is a script??

Yes:

http://mpa.itc.it/markus/useful/
-> build_grass50binaries.sh

You may need to adapt it to your needs (paths etc).

>     I'm planning to create and test binaries before start sharing.
> And once I get the way, I can to that to be posted in a web
> site, ok?

If possible, you could post it for testing on your website
(if you have) or ask someone else to post it for you.

Then, when testing went well, it can be uploaded to
  ftp grass.itc.it
  cd incoming/
  bin
  put grass5xx_yy.tar.gz
  bye

(you can only write, but not read from this directory)

Then please notify me and I move it onto the GRASS web site.

Kind regards

 Markus Neteler