[GRASSLIST:1713] configure problems on OSX

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Sun Nov 9 20:57:05 EST 2003

I'm working on getting grass compiled on OSX (Panther) and am having
trouble with jpeg libs. I have already compiled gdal without python,
and am using:

  ./configure --with-gdal --with-jpeg-includes=/sw/include/

To get grass configured (I needed to specify the jpeg-includes so that
they could be found). But now I'm getting the following error:

checking for location of JPEG includes... /sw/include/
checking for jpeglib.h... yes
checking for location of JPEG library...
checking for jpeg_start_compress in -ljpeg... no
checking for jpeg_start_compress in -ljpeg... no
configure: error: *** Unable to locate JPEG library.

Any tips?

Thanks,

Kirk